Wednesday, November 14, 2007

What I Discovered About Low Carb Diets and Hoodia

What I Discovered About Low Carb Diets and Hoodia
By Alyssa Collins

Tried a low carb diet and failed to see it through?

Anyone who has tried to lose a lot of weight, using a low carb or modified carb diet knows first hand the painful initial 2 weeks beginning phase can be.

Problem With Low Carb Diets

I attempted the low carb, modified carb approach 2-3 times and failed miserably in the first weeks of the plan because I ended up cheating. My blood sugar would get so low that I ended up grabbing anything to eat to kill the hunger cravings.

This phase of the diet program is especially difficult because you are not allowed any carbs or very limited carbs (The South Beach Diet is what I used). The rationale for the 'carb weaning' is to re-calibrate blood chemistries by getting your body to release glucose more slowly and continuously. You eliminate the blood sugar lows which eliminates the distracting hunger cravings.

The problem is, you have to get through that initial 2-week period without touching bread, potatoes, rice, donuts, desert, processed sugar etc. NO CARBS.

The payoff for your pain is over time your body becomes a fat burning machine rather than a sugar carb burning machine. You must get past that initial 2 weeks however.

Hoodia Killed the Cravings

This is where I found hoodia to be critical component in my weight loss success.

During the first 2 weeks of your low carb or modified carb diet you will certainly feel hungry, as your body is adjusting to these low sugar levels - that's when you want to quit. DON'T GIVE IN.

Taking 3000 mg of pure hoodia gordonii daily during the first phase of my low carb diet solved the problem. It zapped my hunger pangs.

Why Hoodia Kills Hunger Cravings

Taking Hoodia amazingly, simulates high blood sugar levels and sends these messages to the part of the brain responsible for hunger. Your brain is basically tricked into 'not being hungry'.

I found that the 3000mg of hoodia supplied enough appetite suppression to keep me from thinking about food when I KNOW I normally would have. I breezed through this phase (after 3 false starts!) this time.

Solution - Low Carb Diet Plan Plus Hoodia for Appetite Control

For me and hopefully for you, this combination can work very effectively by allowing you to stick to your diet. Ultimately YOU hold the cards determining if the diet will work or not. The key is to make dieting as EASY as possible.

Why struggle through pain and cravings that come with dieting when there is a safe and natural way to avoid it? If I knew about Hoodia initially I would have saved myself lots of disappointment and probably lost weight much sooner.

Once you get past that initial 2-week carb purge phase, your diet gets MUCH EASIER. My need for hoodia to control my appetite control at this point was less and less because I was eating correctly. I still take the hoodia if I feel I need to re-align by appetite from time to time.

Alyssa Collins RN and Certified trainer, has been contributing her knowledge exclusively to http://www.diets-4-u.com for the last 6 months, thanks Alyssa! Learn how to buy real Hoodia, get all the details as well as info on modified carb diets that WORK.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Alyssa_Collins

No comments: